Terms and Conditions
In order to ensure that your booking process runs smoothly, please read the following terms & conditions and adhere to these guidelines when placing your booking with Berlitz Malta.
1. The Company shall offer the tuition services indicated in this Agreement to the students at the Berlitz Language Centre, Dragonara Road, St. Julian’s, Malta or at any other location in Malta (hereinafter referred to as the “School”) as may be established by the Company from time to time.
2. Each lesson consists of forty-five (45) minutes of tuition. There is a fifteen (15) minute break both for the morning and afternoon session.
3. The Company reserves the right to engage supervisory personnel to monitor lessons in order to ensure, amongst others, that the required standards are being maintained.
4. A student, or his or her Agent, may not amend a schedule and may not cancel a lesson in the case of “Group” courses and “Semi-Private” courses.
5. No compensation shall be due by the Company to the Agent or student, should the student fail to attend a lesson in order to be able to attend tours, or to otherwise participate in any activities whatsoever, not organized by Company.
6. Berlitz Malta should be informed at booking stage if student suffers from any medical condition including food & chemical allergies.
7. On the first day of School, the student is required to report to the school at 08:30, providing a copy of his/her passport or an identity document and to participate in a placement test, irrespective of the type of course enrolled in.
8. Expulsion: Berlitz Malta expects all its students to be well-motivated, polite and considerate towards members of staff, host families and fellow students at all times. Berlitz Malta reserves the right to ask any student who does not comply with any of the above to leave the course. In this case, no refund of fees will be made and any extra costs incurred by the school on the behalf of the student will be charged to the student.
9. The student shall be required to dress appropriately and to adhere, at all times, to the strict non-smoking policy, adopted by the Company, whilst at the School.
10. The Company hereby reserves the right to amend the schedule of courses as it may deem fit from time to time particularly during the peak season. 11. The student is to present, to the Company, a voucher with the details of his or her booking on the first day at School.
11. In case of full payment is to be effected by the Agent seven (7) days prior to the commencement of the course. Failure to do so the school reserves the right to refuse such bookings. In case of Berlitz-owned centres payment is to be affected via ITA.
12. Should you wish to settle your payment in advance by bank transfer our bank details are as follows: BENEFICIARY: Malta Language Studies Ltd Dragonara Road ST. JULIANS STJ 3141 MALTA BANK: Bank of Valletta p.l.c. Dragonara Road St. Julians STJ 3141 MALTA Bank’s Swift Code: VALLMTMT Bank’s Sort Code: 22644 Bank a/c Number: 40020467188 IBAN: MT71VALL22013000000040020467188
PAYMENT DETAILS: INSERT STUDENT ID NUMBER or INVOICE NUMBER
BANK CHARGES: ALL CHARGES TO PAYER ACCOUNT
13. All fees quoted by the Company shall be in Euros. Fees are inclusive of Value Added Tax where applicable.
14. Bookings for more than 1 week are subject to price negotiation.
15. Malta Language Studies Ltd. (C-22588) (hereinafter referred to as the “Company”) and the Client (hereinafter referred to as the “Student” or the “Agent”)
16. With the exception of Group courses all course fees quoted above include Berlitz English Course material which normally consists of a student binder, a student insert and an audio CD. This material lasts for a two week course. In the case of G2HD and G2FD no course material will be provided by the school. It is therefore advisable that all students should purchase a course book from Berlitz Malta.
17. A week shall consist of five (5) days, running from Monday to Friday, both days included. Courses can start any day of the week.
18. Students requesting an additional number of private lessons can do so at the rate of €39 per person per lesson.
19. The Company reserves the right to alter the schedule of lessons as deemed necessary by the school. In such cases the student/s will be advised in advance.
20. Bookings are only deemed to have been confirmed by the Company once an enrolment confirmation has been sent by the Company to the Agent or student and payment terms are respected.
21. A cancellation fee equivalent to 3 days course & accommodation if applicable will apply for all cancellations received within one week of arrival date. After arrival of the student/s bookings become non-refundable.
22. In case of visa refusal we will not charge a cancellation fee provided that an official letter of refusal is presented not later than 3 working days before arrival date. If refusal letter is presented after 3 days a cancellation fee of €75 applies. For no-shows, or cancellation or when the course is curtailed after arrival date: No Refund of Any Fees
23. No single rooms during the months of June, July and August at host family accommodation are available.
24. The student shall be entitled to receive an attendance certificate from the Company upon attending more than eighty percent (80%) of the lessons pertaining to any particular course booked.
25. The Company may offer a range of local tours and excursions to the student which may be purchased from the School at an additional cost. 26. The Company hereby reserves the right to terminate its services, as detailed in the Agreement, to the student, or to his or her Agent, should the student after having been found to be in default of any of these Terms and Conditions of Agreement and after having been given a written warning of such infringement by the Company, remains in such default.
27. If, at any time throughout their course, students are not satisfied with any area of their stay, they are to fill in a Complaint Form which they may obtain from Reception. An End-Of Stay Evaluation form will also be given to students to evaluate the level of satisfaction of our customers at the end of their programme. No complaint can be accepted by Berlitz Malta after the end of their relevant course if it has not been brought to our attention as explained above.
28. Loss of Property/Insurance: Berlitz Malta will not be held responsible for loss or theft of any student’s property from the school or accommodation or from any other location. Student’s property is the sole responsibility of the student at all times. Berlitz Malta advises students to take out a travel insurance policy which would cover them throughout their stay in Malta.
29. Lesson Times: Lessons are held in the morning and in the afternoon depending on the availability of the course selected and your level of English.
30. Force Majeure: In the event that Berlitz Malta is unable to fulfil any of its obligations as a result of an event/events beyond Berlitz Malta reason- able control, Berlitz Malta will not accept responsibility or liability. Such events will include (however will not be limited to); terrorist attacks, war or the threat of war, riots, industrial action, natural or manmade disasters, unusually adverse weather conditions or any other event/events that may classify Malta as an “at risk destination” by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
31. The school shall be open all year round but shall be closed on the following Public Holidays : 1st January, 10th February, 19th March, 31st March, Good Friday, 1st May, 7th June, 29th June, 15th August, 8th September, 21st September, 8th December, 13th December, 24th December, 25th December and 31st December. Berlitz Malta might also be closed between the 19th December and 30th December (both dates included). When lessons fall on a public holiday any lost lesson time will be spread over the remaining days of the same week. When such lessons are not delivered, the Agent or student will be entitled to receive compensation which shall, in no case, exceed the value of the lesson.
32. We are committed to protecting your data and we will only process this information in accordance to the Malta Data Protection Act (CAP 440)
33. The construction, validity and performance of these Terms and Conditions of Agreement shall be governed exclusively by Maltese law and the par- ties hereto submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Maltese courts.
34. These Terms and Conditions of Agreement constitute the entire agreement between the Company and the Agent or student and therefore there are no separate written or oral agreements.